Alliance Manchester Business School logo

Online Undergraduate Handbook


Tier 4 Visa students

Students who have arrived on a three year visa (issued before the 6th of April 2016) and have decided to do a work placement will be able to apply for an extension for your final year should you be successful in securing a placement.  In order to do this you are required to contact the Placement Officer at least three months before the start of your final year so that we can issue you with a Continuer CAS which can be used to apply for the extension.

Students who arrive on a three year visa issued after the 6th of April 2016, will be required to apply for a new visa should they decide to do a work placement.  

If you are a Tier 4 visa student then you are advised to contact the visa team for the most up to date information on visa and immigration rules.  The visa are contactable at

Work placements abroad

Students are able to do a work placement outside of the UK and these will require approval from your Programme Director.  If approved, you will need to make sure that you apply for a working visa where required.